Eagan Advanced Placement Exam Registration Information 2019-2020
Why Take the Optional Advanced Placement Exams?
- Most colleges will award credits for the subject area and waive requirements, depending on the exam score received. AP scores range from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest score. See online at https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/getting-credit-placement for specific college thresholds for AP credit.
- College admissions counselors and financial aid officers like to see AP exam scores. Even a low score indicates your willingness to seek out challenge; however, you will have the option to cancel your score at any time, even after you receive the score.
- Students are recognized as AP Scholar, AP Scholar with Honor, AP Scholar with Distinction, or National AP Scholar each year – another admissions plus.
Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Registration is a two-step process:
1. Join your College Board AP class sections: Enroll with the College Board into a class section for each AP exam you plan to take. See the attached information for instructions or go to myap.collegeboard.org.
o Important: verify that “YES” is selected from the drop-down menu under the heading “Order Exam.” That allows Eagan HS to order your AP exams.
o See your teacher for course specific join codes.
o EHS Online students or students not enrolled with an Eagan Teacher– See/ Email Ms. Setter for your join code
2. Pay for your AP exams: Your AP registration is not complete until you pay for your exams. Payment is online beginning now through October 20, 2021,. Go to https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome directly to register for the AP exams. If you are approved for the Federal Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program at Eagan a reduced fee will automatically be registered.
AP Exam Registration
Exam dates: May 2-113, 2022. The College Board is offering only in-person paper AP exams this year. Morning exams at EHS begin about 7:30 a.m. and conclude at approximately 12:00 noon. Afternoon exams begin between 11:30 and noon and conclude late, at approximately 4:00 p.m. The College Board does not allow students to leave the exam early. You are responsible for transportation beyond normal school hours. The College Board website has information about Advanced Placement exams in general and the calendar dates for each exam this year at www.collegeboard.org.
- Exam fees: $80 per exam (full cost is $96 per exam; the state provides a subsidy for $38). EHS/ District 196 charges an additional fee to cover additional expenses associated with administrating the +1000 AP tests at EHS include proctors’ fees, rentals, and training, etc. are included.) The fee is non-refundable. If you are approved for the Federal Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program at Eagan a reduced fee will automatically be registered.
In the event that you do not take the test(s) that you ordered and paid for, it is understood that you will not be reimbursed for the loss of money as neither EHS nor the AP program provide refunds.
Late fees: New in 2019-20 is a $40 late fee The College Board has initiated new administrative deadlines. There is a $40 late fee for signing up after the fall school registration for exams. (this is in addition to the $80 exam fee)
Late exams: If you have scheduling problems for an AP exam, contact Ms. Setter. Examples would be BPA or National Speech competition. A late exam may be available May 17 – 20 under very limited circumstances. Significant additional fees may apply.
Testing Accommodations (e.g., extra time required, Braille test): Students with IEP/504 plans should contact our school psychologist, Kathryn.Robinson@district196.org to discuss the possibility of testing accommodations for AP exams.. Students must submit testing accommodations requests to Ms. Robinson no later than January 14.
Non-EHS Students: Non-EHS - Due to limited exam space, Eagan High school does not offer exams for students outside of District 196.
AP Bulletin for Parents and Students
Students and parents should review the AP Bulletin for Parents and Students.. These will be given to students in their classes in late December. This Bulletin is not online yet at AP Central, but will be later.
Questions: If you have questions, please contact Ms. Sandra Setter , EHS Athletic Director, Assistant Principal and Advanced Placement Coordinator, at Sandra.email@example.com